Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Update #2.5

Change of Plans

This is kind of late, because as of the time that this is being posted, I have already begun working on my new plans. As I planned in the first post, I originally intended to begin with an easy object, then move on to a intermediate and complicated object of my own design.
Upon consideration of Noah's comment on my second blog, I have changed these arrangements. Instead of creating an intermediate object, I have been working on creating the 3 other card suits. I will create a diamond, club and heart. I am hesitant to paint them, because I still do not know how it may look, or if the coats turn out uneven, possibly throwing away these weeks' work.. I will make an advanced object as my final piece, but it will be a stand for the four other creations to rest on. It will hopefully turn out as well as I imagined, with indentations to have the bases of the suits to rest in, with other designs around it. Either way, this is just supposed to keep some of you guys up to date on what I am up to.

Here is a quick glimpse for what's to come:


by the way, thanks to Noah for giving me these ideas.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really cool! I like how you took into consideration people's suggestions from the comments. The idea of creating the four card suits is really nice because it gives cohesiveness to your project as a whole - an overlying theme, if you will. I can't wait to see what the final products look like! (Also, I did see your post about having to re-start the diamond. Don't get discouraged! Good luck!)

    ReplyDelete