Friday, February 20, 2015

Update #1.5

I have obtained the Materials required to begin the project and have begun. The knife set I now have, has a variety of blades and handles, with a small saw, sanding block, and a variety of other tools. The knives are very sharp and most of the blades are not longer that an inch. I have received the knives before the wood, allowing me to try to work with extra wood planks my dad has, and it is quite difficult.


After finishing my first attempt with the wood planks, I believe these wood planks are made to be too hard durable for whittling. I have also come to the decision that my bedroom is the most convenient place to whittle, more so than my basement or outside. Outside is far too cold to be whittling on the porch. And my basement is inconvenient, for the reason that it is chilly, dirty, far from anyone else and lacks internet. It does not help that I have been traumatized by a mini Reese's Peanut-Butter Cup from my basement, that held a number of small white larvae or bugs in the wrapper. I feared my basement and mini Reese's  Peanut-Butter Cup ever since.

Either way, my room is most convenient for the reason that it is open, fairly-well organized, I am often there and I know how to use a vacuum.

The basswood blocks I have arrived in the mail, which includes multiple 2x4x12 blocks and a single 2x3x12. I will begin my main projects now.

No comments:

Post a Comment