Thursday, March 26, 2015

Blog Post #5 Reflection

In short, I think my presentation was a flop.
After prematurely moving to a slide, that was meant to be a "surprise", very early on in my presentation, my planned flow and presentation had  been ruined. I had continued to replay this failure in my mind during all of yesterday, hoping it does not become another one of my "haunting memories". I also believed my answers to some of the questions were long-winded and that I did not focus on whittling specifically enough. Overall, I think my preservation and my person looked extremely half-baked on stage. Very much like my first experience on learning how to ride a bike, after a small slip up, I go hurtling in that direction until I fall over or crash. I am sure that my presentation was not as much of a fiasco as I imagined it to be, but I can ensure that it did not go as as I intended it.



Well, looking after the TED Talk I think that I had done well throughout these past weeks. In these weeks I had encountered 2 successful pieces, 1 piece that still needs a bit of polish, 1 true failure, 2 more pieces to come and, most importantly, a gift to friend. I think that this gift that I made and the reaction I got from the recipient, has shown me what I truly wanted to get out of whittling, a new form of creation under that I can use to express myself and to spread a sense of joy and happiness to other people. I do not think I have mastered whittling in any sense of the word, but it does not discourage me that I have made a number of blunders. Instead, I "see" a piece that I want to create of a dragon that spirals up a very thin cylindrical tower that houses a large spherical building at the top, but its creation is even further. I am just glad that this image/idea was forged in my head, maybe I'll come back to it later, after I hone my skills... But first things first and I am going to finish what I had promised during these weeks, with great haste and hopefully as little number of faults as possible.


Comments:
Noah Kilshaw
Kevin Schaeffer
Paul Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment